Olive Oil Extract Olive Oil Extracthttps://foodstruct.com/food/olives-ripe-cannedsmall-extralarge
Olive oil is incredibly healthy. Due to its powerful antioxidants it benefits your dog’s heart, brain, joints and more.
In fact, it may be the healthiest fat on the planet.
Olive oil extract provides a concentrated form of all the potent, natural compounds found in olive oil.
9 Science Informed Reasons to Include Olive Oil Extract in Your Dog’s Diet:
- Olive Oil Is Rich in Healthy Monounsaturated Fats – olive oil is rich in monounsaturated oleic acid. This fatty acid is believed to have many beneficial effects including reducing inflammation. (2, 3, 4, 5)
- Olive Oil Contains Large Amounts of Antioxidants – olive oil is loaded with antioxidants, some of which have powerful biological effects that may reduce your dog’s risk of chronic diseases. (6, 7, 8, 9)
- Olive Oil Has Strong Anti-Inflammatory Properties – olive oil contains nutrients that fight inflammation. These include oleic acid as well as the antioxidant oleocanthal which are shown to have similar effects to ibuprofen. (2, 3, 10, 11)
- Olive Oil May Help Prevent Strokes – several large studies demonstrate that people who consume olive oil have a much lower risk of stroke. (14, 15)
- Olive Oil Is Protective Against Heart Disease – olive oil has numerous benefits for heart health. It lowers blood pressure, protects “bad” LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation and improves the function of blood vessels. (19,20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28)
- Olive Oil May Reduce Type 2 Diabetes Risk – both observational studies and clinical trials suggest that olive oil, combined with a Mediterranean diet, can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes. (36, 37, 38)
- The Antioxidants in Olive Oil Have Anti-Cancer Properties – preliminary evidence suggests that olive oil may reduce cancer risk, but further studies are needed. (39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
- Olive Oil Can Help Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis – olive oil can help reduce joint pain and swelling from rheumatoid arthritis. (44, 45)
- Olive Oil Has Antibacterial Properties – olive oil has antibacterial properties and has been found to be particularly effective against Helicobacter pylori, a type of bacterium that can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer and has been shown to be resistant to antibiotics. (47, 48, 49)