Rapeseed Oil Rapeseed Oilhttps://foodstruct.com/food/canola
Is rapeseed oil healthy for dogs?
Rapeseed Oil health benefits include: supporting brain health, eye health, skin and hair health, cardiovascular health, promoting weight loss, strengthening immune system, supporting bone and joint health, the respiratory system, and it’s gluten free.
- Contains the lowest saturated fat content of any oil – less than half that of Olive Oil
- It’s a great source of Omega 3,6,9 with 10 times more Omega 3 than Olive Oil
- It is a good source of antioxidant Vitamin E
- High in monounsaturated fats
- Contains no artificial preservatives and is trans-fat and GM free
4 Science Informed Reasons to Include Rapeseed Oil in Your Dog’s Diet:
- It is Abundant with Essential Fatty Acids – rapeseed oil is it is loaded with omega acids including omega-3 which can benefit brain health and joint health and omega-6, which has been shown to benefit the respiratory system, circulatory system and the brain. (14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20, 24)
- Is Good for the Eyes, Skin, Hair and the Immune System – Rapeseed oil is loaded with Vitamin E, a super antioxidant that provides these health benefits. (2, 3)
- Heart-friendly, Weight Beneficial Source of Essential Fats – rapeseed oil easily has the lowest levels of saturated fat compared to any other oil. It also has rich quantities of polyunsaturated fat, a fat that has been observed to lower levels of LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol).( 1, 6, 7, 8)
- Supports a Reduction in Inflammation – it is known that vitamin E helps lower C-reactive protein levels and Omega-3 also provides anti-inflammatory benefits which may support a reduction in joint pain. (12, 36, 37, 38)