Yucca Schidigera Extract Yucca Schidigera Extract
Yucca offers numerous health benefits and is often used medicinally. Parts of the yucca plant can be incorporated into your dog’s diet. Yucca was purportedly used in Native American herbal medicine as a cure for dandruff, headaches and arthritis.
6 Science Informed Reasons to Include Yucca Schidigera in Your Dog’s Diet:
- Helps Boosts Immunity – Yucca contains high amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants, both of which can benefit the immune system and overall health.
- May Ease Arthritis Pain – Yucca has anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe pain. Yucca also contains powerful antioxidants and saponins. These substances can decrease arthritis symptoms. (1)
- May Aid in the Treatment of Diabetes – there is evidence that yucca helps regulate blood sugar. (2)
- Helps to Inhibit Oxidative Stress – there is evidence that compounds in yucca, including antioxidants, help protect our bodies from oxidative stress and have a protective effect against the degeneration of multiple organs. (3)
- Improves Digestibility of Key Nutrients – appears to have positive effects in the gastrointestinal tract, contributing to increased digestibility levels of key nutrients like protein, vitamins and minerals (4)
- May Aid Joint Mobility – study shows Yucca may offer anti-inflammatory benefits, especially in the joints. (5)